Monday, July 5, 2010

Happy Fourth of July!

The real reason for this post is not about the fun time we just had visiting Ben and Kristen, & Dylan & Kaci, Jarom and Stephanie, John and Courtenay, going shooting with Ben, John and his brother, attending a practice concert of Ben's country/rock band Sunset Ride (They are great by the way) , going to LeAnn's family reunion at Ophir, Utah (by Tooele), or being blessed to see our newest grandson, (John and Courtenay's) Everett Michael Lance just a few hours after he was born. (he is sure a beautiful boy.) No, this post is about how I spent my fourth of July. I left LeAnn in Taylorsville to take care of Courtenay and Everett....and John for a few weeks. So, at five in the morning on the fourth, I turned on my GPS, put in my Louis L'Amore stories narrated by Willie Nelson CDs, and headed West. I stopped Willie long enough to listen to the special 4th of July presentation of Music and the Spoken Word featuring the MoTabs. It was great....many of my favorite patriotic hymns and of course, The Battle Hymn of The Republic. Awesome. Willie finished narrating just outside of Burns, so I finished up the day listing to General Conference talks from April Conference. So fifteen hours after leaving Taylorsville, I was home....in time to sit with the neighbors for a few minutes and enjoy the fireworks going on around us.

But...I forgot to wear my special patriotic T-shirt Sequoia sent me for Father's Day. Dang!

Anyway, I stopped along the way to photograph a few things..... a few extra patriotic retired farm implements somewhere between Vale and Burns, Oregon and took the scenic route through the Cascades and stopped on top at the Dee Wright Observatory (I love that drive) and took a few shots of Mt. Jefferson....unfortunately the 3 Sisters were covered with clouds so no photos.
Anyway, that was a lot of rambling for just a few measly photos.....





3 comments:

Courtenay Beth said...

Love the photos--can't wait to see the rest. I am loving holding Baby Everett-he gets cuter everyday. Love you and Miss you!!!!
LeAnn

Jenni said...

I am so glad you got to have a patriotic 4th of JULY! I always feel like it's not the 4th if it's not a patriotic day.

And also, I'm glad you guys had such a jam-packed fun trip!

Carol and Bruce said...

Beautiful photos! Glad you had such a great time traveling, you know how to alone time fun.