Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Beautiful Tree of the Day Contest!!


I love the Fall. Several years ago I started my own "Most Beautiful Tree of the Day" contest. Here is how it works: When I first start noticing the colors are changing about the first or second week in September, I watch for outstanding fall-colored trees. Each day I pick my favorite for that day. Once a tree has been picked as "The Most Beautiful Tree of the Day", it can not enter the contest again. Sometimes I take the long way home so I can see some neighborhood that has not had a chance to participate. This year I have added two new categories, like the couples category--two trees that look especially beautiful together---and the bush category-- too short to compete with the trees, but beautiful in their own way. Here is my winner for today--it is in the Silke Field parking lot---one of my favorite places to find beautiful trees!

6 comments:

*Stephanie Lance* said...

OOOOOO That IS beautiful!!! LOVE it!! Sad i'm not there to pick them out with you! Jarom is laughing that you do this "contest" by yourself! Me too, a little bit. But i just know that that's what you do in the fall! Who wouldn't? Oregon is SO pretty! There's no where quite like it! Pretty pic! Love you!!!

Emily said...

I love this contest! There is NOTHING like that here. I would have to drive 4 hours to find a beautiful tree. So jealous. Post more trees!

Courtenay Beth said...

hahhahaaaa! I am laughing so hard! I am SO glad you posted about your beautiful tree contest. I LOVE that you have rules, and you are SO considerate of all the tree's...making sure they don't get their feelings hurt by making sure you visit as many neighborhoods as you can. AND how you save a tree from being picked for the contest too early because you see its true potential will blossom in a few days. lol. Mom. You are a hippie. I love you. I am still laughing. You should blog about the birds or no birds. you are so hilarious. This is exactly what I mean when I say you have so much to blog about!!! LOL!!! Oh man, wish I could be there to to participate as a judge. Maybe I'll start doing that in the winter here...the deadest brownest barrenest tree of the day contest. I might even have a category for white snow covered ones...hmmm.

Carol and Bruce said...

I love the trees at SHS, that is one of the things I have missed about not going there. I'ts great that you take time to notice the trees, like smelling the roses, it makes for a happier day.

Kathy Hubbard said...

Wow, I ought to do that. I have noticed more in the last few years how beautiful they are. We have one in our front yard that I realized is unique this year.

Jenni said...

what a genius idea! I love it! I am SO SO sad that all of the pretty trees are starting to turn brown. I love how there are rules for the trees to be a part of the contest hahahaha!! Love it! Thanks for sharing!