Monday, May 25, 2009

Hike to Mary's Peak

This meadow reminded me of the Sound of Music!
Looking east--some small town down there--maybe Philomath??

We saw many different kind of wild flowers too!

This was my first real hike since the hike when I broke both of my arms! I was a little nervous--but I did just fine. I was careful to stay away from the lose gravel!!
Dad has wanted to take me to Mary's peak for a couple of years. So this was the week-end-the weather was perfect and we had the whole day to ourselves. We got lost a few times and Dad had to stop at a TAVERN to ask directions! I wish I would have gotten a photo of that! The drive to the trail head was beautiful and when we finally hiked up to the summit--the view was breath taking! They say that when the air is clear you can see the ocean, there was a little haze so we will have to go back some time and check it out.




5 comments:

Emily said...

I have never heard of Mary's Peak...where is it? It looks gorgeous! Makes me miss Oregon seeing all those trees.

Carol and Bruce said...

That looks like a very fun date, a good choice for the new empty nesters. The YSA's are going on that hike in July, I'll look forward to it.

Jess@craftiness is not optional said...

The hills are alive....! That meadow is beautiful! Now what happened when you broke your arms? Yikes!

Courtenay Beth said...

MOM! Since when do you get to have a cuter blog page than me?! It's SO cute! And I love all those gorgeous pics of you guys! NICE trip, nice hike, nice getaway, funny that dad went into a tavern to ask for directions, way to be humble dad! You guys look like you're having so much fun! Jealous!

*Stephanie Lance* said...

I'm so glad you blogged about this and i'm glad you guys got to finally go to Mary's Peak! dad has wanted to take you there for a long time! Those pictures of you guys are ADORABLE!!!! It even made me tear up a little bit because they're so cute! and maybe i'm a little homesick! CUTE blog! I'm so proud of you! GREAT job!!! and great job for not breaking your arms! WOO HOO! LOVE YOU!