Monday, December 3, 2007

Community Creche Exhibit

So, here is a short video of the Creche Exhibit along with the spot from the news about it. This is the 6th year of the event we had nearly 800 Nativities (double from our first year). While people look at the display we have choirs and music groups from the community, and we also had a photographer and a manger scene with costumes etc for families to have a picture taken. This was the first year we expanded to Sunday and it was very successful. I have become a little obsessed with Nativities and this year I displayed 33 encluding 6 Nativitie pins that I bought on E-bay. As the tri-stake Public Affairs Director I have been in charge of this project since the beginning. It is sooooo much work, but very satisfying to watch it grow and get better and bigger each year. I feel strongly that it is important for us to "stand in our communities and testify of Jesus Christ" and that is especilly true in our community.
And now it is over for another year, I will start getting a new Committee together in March or April. But for now I will start getting ready for Christmas and getting excited for lots of family to come and play games and have Sprite and cheese and beef stick and crackers!! Can't wait!!

9 comments:

Danielle said...

Wow! That is so neat! You are famous!:) I'm so glad I got to see a bit of it, Amy got to go and said it was amazing! You must have done SUCH a good job. YOu looked way cute on tv! Awesome Job LeAnn:) Happy Holidays!!!

*Stephanie Lance* said...

Oh my gosh!!!! i can't believe i missed it!!!! This is my filrst time not going and i'm so sad but i'm glad that i got to see some of it!!!! You looked So cute on TV mom!!!! It made me cry!!! Yes....i do cry about everything lately!!!! Great job on the video dad!!!! Keep doing them!!! i love to see them!!! i love you so so much and i can't wait to see you!!!!!!

Jenni.Woodmansee said...

I LOVE IT! i'm so terribly sad that I missed it but LeAnn, I'm always so amazed and impressed with how well it goes. I heard that the sunday thing was a success and i'm glad of that! it looks so beautiful!!! you're so famous for being on the news and you did a great job.

I LOVE that you mentioned the sprite, cheese and crackers! boy oh boy i can't WAIT for that!! 2 weeks!!!

rose said...

hey leann! it's great to see everyone getting into blogging. you look great! and congrats on the success of the creche. what a cool idea! great job! merry christmas!

AMY AND MIKEY said...

Darn, for some reason your videos aren't coming up on my computer.... anyway I loved the creche, it was so neat. YOU HAVE 33 natvity sets?!!!!! HOLY COW!!!! Are you able to display all of them in your house?!! That's like my mom with Santa clauses, I am determined to count them this year when I go home. My dad about has a heart attack whem my mom brings home a new one each year. Well, I just think the creche is such a neat thing, and such a great missionary oppertunity. I thought it was so wonderful what Pres. Lewis said about you in Testimony Meeting and I agree with everything you said. I love hearing you bear your testimony and I think it so strong. I love you!

AMY AND MIKEY said...

WAIT A SECOND! I JUST READ SOME OF THE COMMENTS! YOU WERE ON TV?!!!!!! AWESOME!!!!!!

AMY AND MIKEY said...

I JUST GOT THE VIDEO TO WORK! OH MY GOSH THAT WAS SO AWESOME!!!!!!! And yes you did look so cute! What you said was so perfect, and I'm so glad they included that in the news, instead of cutting it out. Not to mention alot of teachers know you from teaching, and it's so neat that you are being such an example to everyone! I love it! That is so awesome! Good job!

Sharon/Mom/ Grandma said...

very cool LeAnn, you can feel really good about that!!!!

*Stephanie Lance* said...

MOM!!!!!!!! Carol has blogged like 3 times since you have done your last blog!!!!! If she can do it.....so can you!!!!!!!!! it's time to BLOG!!!!!!! Get your head in the game.....as troy bolton would say!!!!! hahaha i love you!!!!